From Carolyn Kay:
Why hasn’t this been all over the mainstream media?
Thursday, October 06, 2005
Hastings says ethics panel won’t investigate DeLay
By Alicia Mundy
Seattle Times Washington bureau
WASHINGTON – Rep. Doc Hastings, the Washington state Republican who chairs the House ethics committee, touched off a political controversy this week with statements supporting embattled Rep. Tom DeLay, R-Texas.
Hastings told the Yakima Herald-Republic that his committee would not investigate a 15-month-old complaint about DeLay’s role in alleged illegal campaign contributions in Texas.
Such an investigation would duplicate the work of the Texas district attorney who obtained indictments against DeLay over the fund-raising issue, Hastings said. “We don’t have the resources,” he added.
A Hastings spokeswoman later said the congressman wasn’t ruling out an investigation after the criminal case.
Yakima Herald-Republic, WA
Published on Friday, October 7, 2005
Doc feels the heat
By LEAH BETH WARD
Seeking to blunt criticism that he has compromised his objectivity by publicly commenting on Texas Congressman Tom DeLay, Rep. Doc Hastings said Thursday he would not hesitate to investigate the former House majority leader “at the appropriate time and in the appropriate way.”
The Pasco Republican has been criticized by at least one conservative group and a public advocacy group for commenting on DeLay’s indictment by a Texas grand jury and for suggesting the Travis County district attorney who brought the charges is politically motivated.
Lots more really good stuff at MakeThemAccountable.com.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Online Journal
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- Barry Gordon
- Cody Lyon
- alias Bruce
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Channel
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- William Betz
- The International Human Press
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.