Help persuade him to sign this bill….
Date: September 1, 2005 2:19:20 PM EDT
Subject: SB 370 – GOVERNOR’S OFFICE TAKING CALLS NOW!!!!
Imagine if we hadn’t had four, let alone eight, years of an Administration that denied global warming and planned a war for a decade, then launched it, but said it couldn’t plan for breaking levees or planes going into buildings because it couldn’t even imagine such things – though it had received written warning of both. Election fraud helped a compliant public create, not mitigate, the suffering in our midst.
SB 370 has gone to Arnold for signature.
SB 370/BOWEN: IN THE EVENT OF A RECOUNT, THE RECOUNT IS OF THE PAPER* NOT ELECTRONIC, RECORD.
*the VVPAT — Voter Verified Paper Audit Trail. The word Audit is in there for a reason, Guv’nor!
He can veto it, sign it, or do nothing and let it become law.
Signature suggests a commitment to fair fights and honest elections.
Veto suggests a commitment to Somebody other than Californians.
Doing nothing suggests – exhaustion? Not having fun anymore?
**ELECTION PROTECTION ALERT**
FAX AND/OR CALL THE GOVERNOR
Phone: 916-445-2841 Fax: 916-445-4633
When you call, you reach a voice mail system that includes touch-tone “vote” in opposition to or support of SB 370 and AB 1636! (AB 1636 has not arrived on his desk, but probably because they’ve recieved votes on it due to our Action Alert, it’s included with SB 370 on the voice mail!)
The Governor’s Staff is awake and counting! Do Rove minions know? Are their ground troops calling in (being paid for it?) Who knows? Let’s hope there’s no secret code in the touch-tone tabulation! ALL OF US MUST MAKE A CALL!
1) SB370/BOWEN: IN THE EVENT OF A RECOUNT, THE RECOUNT IS OF THE PAPER, (the VVPAT — Voter Verified Paper Audit Trail – and the word Audit is in there for a reason, Guv’nor! ) NOT ELECTRONIC, RECORD.
2) AB1636/UMBERG: BAN WIRELESS REMOTE ACCESS TO OUR VOTING SYSTEMS, NO PRECINCT REPORTING WITH HACKABLE WIRELESS SYSTEMS
Mimi Kennedy, PDA Chair
Marcy Winograd, PDLA President
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Ostroy Report
- alias Bruce
- The International Human Press
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Matters
- The Rude Pudit
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.