The new Time article seems to strongly suggest that Michael Brown’s official bio/profile contains false and deliberately misleading information.
Depending upon the specific fact pattern, there are several violations of federal law which may have occurred. If Brown offered false information in the required submissions for his current position, he may well have violated Title 18, Section 1001 which deals with false statements. Federal forms typically state that they are signed under penalty of perjury.
Simply firing Mr. Brown would not be appropriate under the circumstances. He should be prosecuted and then offered an opportunity to save his incompetent hide by testifying as to who coached him and conspired with him through the hiring process.
There are people serving lengthy terms in federal prison for far less.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Matters
- The Rude Pudit
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- t r u t h o u t
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Barry Gordon
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.