Hot off the presses from a friend who works for Senator Cantwell:
Subject: Cantwell on Judge Roberts.
Just Moments ago US Senator Maria Cantwell (My Boss) announced she will vote “NO” on the confirmation of John Roberts for Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. After much consideration including a one on one meeting with Judge Roberts last evening Senator Cantwell came to the conclusion that she could not support the nomination of Judge Roberts without getting a clear understanding of his positions on important issues such as an individuals right to privacy.
The nomination of a Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is one of the most important votes a US Senator will ever be asked to make and a decision of this magnitude is not to be taken lightly. Many of you have given your opinion on this matter to me and every one of your comments has been forwarded to the Senator in order to give her an understanding of the feelings of her constituency. I appreciate your comments and I hope you can appreciate the courage of the Senators convictions.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Thom Hartmann
- Barry Gordon
- Early America
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- Online Journal
- Cody Lyon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.