The Bush regime is interested in Uganda-which is bad news for the Ugandans, who are dying in large numbers as a consequence of that concern.
On the one hand, the powers in Kampala have abruptly stopped distributing free condoms, which, predictably, has meant a deadly uptick in the rates of HIV/AIDS infection nationwide.
This genocidal shift in policy has everything to do with Bush/Cheney’s influence on Yowen Museveni’s government. (Pres. Museveni’s wife is a born-again Christian.
For more, read this.
And as if that policy weren’t murderous enough, Museveni’s government is wiping out Ugandans by the hundreds every day up in the country’s ravaged north-a genocidal drive to which Bush/Cheney, and the US press, are paying no attention.
Otunnu Says There is Genocide in North
The Monitor (Kampala)
September 19, 2005
Posted to the web September 18, 2005
Children’s rights activist Olara Otunnu has called on the UN to reprimand the government over what he describes as “ongoing genocide” in northern Uganda.
The former United Nations Under-Secretary General and Foreign Minister in the Okello regime wants Uganda to comply with the measures contained in a UN resolution that demands countries to end atrocities against children.
“The genocide unfolding in northern Uganda is happening on our watch, and with our full knowledge. Why is there no action?” Otunnu said on Friday.
He was delivering the main address at the convocation of Lehman College, a New York university that honoured him with a Doctorate of Human Letters degree for his role as a leading supporter of the rights of children.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Thom Hartmann
- Mainstream Baptist
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
- The Ostroy Report
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Cody Lyon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- Early America
- The Rude Pudit
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Writers Voice
- Online Journal
- t r u t h o u t
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.