Hi Mr. Miller,
I heard you on ‘TO THE POINT’ last week.
It was really refreshing to listen to you debate about the state of today’s media.
I am frustrated by the media, democratic party and congressional representatives who refuse to fight this trend of ‘Christian Evangelical Conservatism.’ I look at what’s going on in the beltway and I’m amazed at how out of touch my representatives are with what is happening to the middle class. Let me use myself as an example:
My father attended Yale and got his MBA at Harvard, I got my BA from Lewis & Clark College. I live in Los Angeles working as a Print Broker for a diverse range of companies. My company is about 3 years old so I’m only bringing in about 35k a year. My wife worked at Microsoft for 5 years and had a great benefits package including health and pension benefits. Last year Microsoft fired their admin. staff (my wife) and had them rehired through a temporary agency, Spherion. Now my wife does the exact same thing at Microsoft but she’s a Spherion employee. She receives less pay, medical was so bad we had to get our own plan in order to cover our two children and the pension package is a joke. We both have to work so daycare costs 240 each week and medical insurance is 525 a month. 525 we were putting away for retirement. That’s 18,000 a year. I’m telling you, we live a modest life no debt, I drive a 92 volvo and my wife has a Saturn which will be paid for in a few months. But we’re not getting ahead – the American dream just ain’t happening for us. This is what’s really happening in America (from my perspective) and where is the Democratic party or my democratic representatives??? I’ve written letters to Feinstein, Boxer, Pelosi, etc., etc. and I get a ‘thanks for your letter, we are deeply concerned’ response. What does this have to do with your discussion on ‘TO THE POINT’? Hell, I dunno, but you were really ‘on the money’ when you were speaking on ‘TO THE POINT’ and I related to you. Thanks.
No Comments to “"What's really happening in America"”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Talkin' World War One Blues...
- The Ostroy Report
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Early America
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Rude Pudit
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Cody Lyon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.