Hello Professor Miller,
Recently the Dallas paper has been pushed Richard Fisher as a successor to Alan Greenspan. You may not know that Mr Fisher was recently appointed head of the Dallas Fed.
What’s interesting is that back when Kay Bailey Hutchinson was first running for the Senate, it seemed the likely winner would be the Democratic candidate, who was popular. Out of nowhere came Mr. Fisher, with a well-financed and intense campaign for the Democratic nomination. He split the Democratic vote, there were the usual rumors that the other Democratic candidate was homosexual, that he would put the Negroes in power etc (perhaps Karl Rove was involved, he was active here back then).
When Fisher won the Democratic nomination, he essentially quit campaigning, and Kay Bailey won in a walk.
Fisher is the son in law of ultra-right-wing former congressman Jim Collins, of the Collins Radio Family. I forgot to mention: Also, prior to his appointment to the Dallas Fed, Fisher worked for Kissinger Associates.
I wonder if Professor Krugman, who is interested in the Fed of course, is aware of Fisher’s new prominence.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Early America
- The Ostroy Report
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Election Defense Alliance
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.