From David Corn:
Here’s more from me on Rove and the CIA leak case. And on the mystery of Time’s missing source(s).
More Trouble for Rove in CIA Leak Case?
July 7, 2005
What happened on Wednesday in Courtroom 8 at the federal district courthouse in Washington, DC, gave rise to more questions than answers about the shrouded-in-secrecy Plame/CIA leak investigation. But those questions may not be good for Karl Rove.
The most dramatic moment of the hour-plus hearing was when federal District Court Judge Thomas Hogan ordered New York Times reporter Judith Miller to jail for failing to reveal a source to special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald, who has been trying to find out which Bush administration officials outed undercover CIA officer Valerie Plame, the wife of former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, a critic of the Bush White House. Conservative columnist Bob Novak first published the leak in a July 14, 2003 article that cited “two senior administration officials.” Three days later, Time magazine posted a piece cowritten by Cooper that noted that “government officials” had told Time about Valerie Wilson’s employment at the CIA. Miller wrote no article on this matter but apparently she talked to at least one source about it. Her decision to honor her pledge of confidentiality to her source and resist a court order might have afforded her source–whoever that might be–a measure of protection. But minutes earlier, Cooper–who had also been held in civil contempt for not cooperating with Fitzgerald–made a dramatic statement that could lead to trouble for a source he had previously protected, and that source might be Rove.
No Comments to “Shouldn't it be making bigger news?”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- History Unfolding
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- t r u t h o u t
- alias Bruce
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- Democratic Undergroud
- The International Human Press
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Talking Points Memo
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.