From Nora Tocus:
Dr Miller: I hope you had something better to do this evening than watch Bill O’Reilly on FOX so I will summarize for you. He crowed that John Carroll, editor of the LA Times, has been forced out and says that his replacement will be required to clear the contents of the editorial page with the paper’s publisher. He also pointed out that the LA Times is owned by the Trib and clearly intended his message to be that this liberal (read: wild & crazy) paper will now be slapped into shape. I later googled and did not find any of this spin, just straight reportage of Carroll’s retirement. But if it’s true that another liberal voice has been silenced, this is appalling news. And I imagine this could mean that Michael Kinsley will soon be packing up.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Media Channel
- alias Bruce
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
- Words of Power
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Rude Pudit
- Richard Charnin
- William Betz
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.