From R. Miller:
Beyond despicable…when will the outrage meter be blown beyond repair?
When we were attacked, Paris said “We are all Americans.”
Now, Fox News is wishing Paris were attacked and “who’d care?”
Fox News host John Gibson stated one day before the attacks that the International Olympic Committee (IOC) “missed a golden opportunity” when it awarded the 2012 Olympic Games to London because if France had been selected to host the games, terrorists would “blow up Paris, and who cares?” Following the London attacks, Gibson reiterated that the IOC should have selected Paris instead of London because the British should “let somebody else be worried about guys with backpack bombs for a while.”
From the July 6 broadcast of Westwood One’s The Radio Factor with Bill O’Reilly, guest-hosted by Gibson:
GIBSON: By the way, just wanted to tell you people, we missed — the International Olympic Committee missed a golden opportunity today. If they had picked France, if they had picked France instead of London, to hold the Olympics, it would have been the one time we could look forward to where we didn’t worry about terrorism. They’d blow up Paris, and who cares?
From the “My Word” segment of the July 7 edition of Fox News’ The Big Story With John Gibson:
GIBSON: The bombings in London: This is why I thought the Brits should let the
French have the Olympics — let somebody else be worried about guys with backpack bombs for a while.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Matters
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.