To get the Downing Street Memo on the national radar screen,write to these three officies today. (What follows the addresses is the sample letter, recently revised, by Kitty Overton.)
*** *** *** ***
TARGETS FOR WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8, 2005
1. National Public Radio, Ombudsman Jeff Dvorkin
3. ABC World News Tonight
According to what is being called The Downing Street Memo, in July 2002 the invasion of Iraq was a foregone conclusion, and our President and his staff intended to manipulate intelligence to justify their plans. If the memo is true – and the British have not denied its veracity – during the lead up to the invasion, President Bush lied again and again to Congress and to the American people in order to persuade us not only that war was necessary, but that he was doing all he could to avoid that “option of last resort”.
This is the story that defines this presidency.
A letter written by John Conyers and co-signed by 88 Congressional Representatives asking President Bush to answer questions about the Downing Street Memo was presented to the President on 5/5/05. Incredibly, it was dismissed out of hand as not worthy of response.
As of 6/5/06, more than 145,000 citizens have signed a similar letter written by John Conyers. (For more information about this issue and an up-to-date count of signatures, please go to http://www.downingstreetmemo.com/ )
The country needs answers and the press needs to take up the dialogue. I urge you to begin talking about this crucial matter now.
New York, NY
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- Democratic Undergroud
- The International Human Press
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- Talking Points Memo
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Channel
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.