From Carolyn Kay:
Friends, the Democratic Party power structure is at it again, doing their best to suppress the grassroots.
Christine Cegelis, in 2004, won 44% of the vote against the formidable Henry Hyde with a budget of only $140,000. It may well be that her success in that race convinced Henry to finally announce his resignation.
So did the Democratic Party rush to get behind Christine when she announced she’ll run again in Hyde’s district (Illinois Sixth) in 2006? Absolutely not! The Party is encouraging rich white males to run against her in the primary, thereby drying up potential early contributions in the district–donations that could give her an early jump in the race.
This is a woman who can win. And imagine the bragging rights! PROGRESSIVE WOMAN WINS HENRY HYDE’S CONGRESSIONAL SEAT!
As radio talk show host and former U.S. Senate candidate Nancy Skinner once asked, do we really want to be in the situation again where we run OUR boring white guy against THEIR boring white guy?
WE MUST TELL THE PARTY POWER STRUCTURE THAT WE WANT MORE ORDINARY AMERICANS, NOT JUST RICH WHITE MALES, IN OFFICE!
The best way to do that is to show financial support NOW for Christine Cegelis.
Here’s what you can do:
* Contribute as much as you possibly can–right now. Don’t wait, please.
* Send this message to as many people as you can, asking them to contribute and to pass the message on, as well.
* If you have a website and/or a mailing list, post a link to Christine’s contributions page, along with the text from this message.
* If you have a radio show, have Christine on as a guest. Her campaign manager is Pat Mogge, email@example.com, 847-797-8317. Christine is an interesting guest with an interesting story, no matter which district or state you broadcast in.
We just can’t let the Party power structure keep kicking us in the teeth.
Disclaimer: I met with Christine Cegelis once, a few days ago. I do not work for her campaign. It just makes me angry to see a highly qualified candidate like her trampled in the mud by the Democratic Party.
Philosophical question: If a Bush commits a crime and no one hears about it, has a crime really been committed?
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- William Betz
- Richard Charnin
- The Rude Pudit
- Cody Lyon
- t r u t h o u t
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- History Unfolding
- Thom Hartmann
- Early America
- Media Channel
- Online Journal
- Barry Gordon
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.