Steve Freeman wrote the following to Oliver Dawshed, Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org, and me:
Oliver: This is a terrific letter. Thanks for writing it. (I’m not sure what is going on at USVotes; i’ve been on a trip the past week, and am just now sorting through 600 emails.
Mark, Barry: Thanks for spreading the word. A couple other points you might want to know about TomPaine.com on this issue:
* They delayed by a full week publication of my response to Baker’s first article, which directly criticized me. Their reason: “Because of the assertions Freeman makes we needed to do some research before deciding to publish it.”
* I inquired, through my agent, about the ethics involved in Baker not even contacting me before publishing the article: “As for Baker contacting Freeman first, his unnamed source is highly credible.”
* After Baker issued his “rebuttal” of my response, Congressman John Conyers, who was also criticized in Baker’s two articles, wrote a response. Tom Paine refused to print it.
Ironic that we need Tom Paine-style methods to combat TomPaine.com misinformation.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Barry Gordon
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
- Media Channel
- alias Bruce
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
- Mainstream Baptist
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.